EELU provides high-quality education and training services with affordable price to supply labor-market with ready industry workers able to deal with advanced technologies, and to create and continuously improve teaching and learning environment. The presidential decree was issued in February 15, 2018 No,71 to transform the university from private university to national university.
In September 2005, the Ministry of Higher Education prepared a preliminary study for starting the project of the Egyptian E-learning University (EELU), consequently a feasibility study was developed. These studies were presented to the Board of the Education Development Fund and then to the Cabinet. Finally, the Egyptian Government issued an initial approval to start and implement the EELU project.
In November 2006, an action plan was prepared for the University establishment project's activities, phases and tasks included implementation schedule and estimated budget.
In June 2007, The Cabinet approved the establishment of the Egyptian E-learning University. The presidential decree was issued in August 16, 2008 No,233 to be the First ever qualified Egyptian university for distance learning running by system and technology based on E-Learning.
In October 2009 the university started its educational activities with two programs: "Computer and Information Technology and Business Administration" in three centers inside Ain Shams University, Tanta University and Assiut University.
In October 2010, E-learning program was added which awarded the Post-Graduate Diploma in this discipline.
The University signed several co-operation agreements with: Ain Shams, Tanta and Assiut Universities. In addition, EELU has started co-operating with European universities in Italy and France, which resulted in establishing the Master of International Business Administration (MBA) program, affiliating us with the Graduate School of Science Business Applied in Paris, France (ESLSCA).
In February 2011, the University opened the Continuing Learning Center (CLC), which offers professional training courses to a wide variety of different Egyptian society sectors.
In February 2018, the university has been transformed from a private university to a national university.
Post Graduate Degrees:
The University offers post graduate degrees in the following programs:
• Distance Education.
• Project Management.
• Business Administration.
• Management of Technology.
The University shall add other post graduate programs according to the relevant rules and regulations.
• The University offers a post graduate diploma upon a recommendation from the Faculty Council.
• A student can register for a diploma degree only if he/she has a suitable Bachelor's Degree awarded from the EELU or any other equivalent Egyptian or Foreign University.
• If a student is requested to register for some required qualification course, the Faculty Council will organize it.
• The University offers Masters Degrees upon recommendation from the Faculty Council.
• A student can be registered for a Masters Degree program only if he/she fulfills the following requirements:
• A student shall have a suitable Bachelors Degree in one of the faculty majors or any equivalent certification from an Egyptian or foreign university, acknowledged by the Supreme Council of Universities. Also, the student shall have an accumulative grade not less than "good" or "C+" in his/her Bachelors Degree.
• The competent Faculty Council may exempt a student from the condition of having a grade " good" or "C+" in his/her Bachelors Degree, if he/she has a Post Graduate diploma in the same major from the EELU or any other Egyptian University or foreign University acknowledged by the Supreme Council of Universities.